Avery had her first dental appointment today. I was very nervous that it would freak her out. We spent several days reading "Berenstein Bears Go to the Dentist" and talked about what the dentist appointment would be like. She doesn't really like it when daddy and I brush her teeth, so I thought we were in for a rough time. But she did fantastic!! She allowed them to scrape, poke, and brush her teeth using that nasty, gritty toothpaste. She even allowed them to floss her teeth. 

She really enjoyed the fact that they let her wear blue latex gloves and the cloth "bib." They also let her hold and play with the suction thingy (I think that's its technical name). 


At the end, she picked a tiara from the treasure chest (big shocker!) for being such a good girl. Her only disappointment was that the dentist told her she didn't have any loose teeth. Her friend, Abby, recently lost two teeth and received money from the tooth fairy, so Avery is dying to have a loose tooth now. I told her only 5-year-olds can have loose teeth, so now she asks every day how long she has to wait til she is 5. It could be a long year and a half.